This text offers about Technical writing and discusses about the way you adapt the writing course of to go well with the totally different levels of Software program Growth Life Cycle’s (SDLC) wants and necessities.
Though there are lots of steps in SDLC, this text lists out solely the necessary levels of SDLC. They’re
1. Requirement Gathering
2. Evaluation & Design
4. Code Overview & Testing Section
5. Launch (Alpha & Beta releases)
Each software program challenge has its personal personalized SDLC framework.
All of the proprietary framework variations are dependent upon the skeleton construction of the above SDLC framework.
Identical to how each software program challenge depends on SDLC, in the identical means, each documentation challenge additionally depends on Doc Growth Life Cycle (DDLC). The DDLC framework is split into the next steps.
1. Perceive Product/challenge necessities
2. Doing Viewers Evaluation
3. Deciding about Output codecs (.PDF, On-line Assist) & Documentation deliverables
4. Zeroing on Documentation & Graphic instruments
5. Gathering the bottom or supply paperwork
6. Template Designing
7. Time-frame & Estimate
8. Figuring out Topic Matter Specialists (SMEs) & factors of contact
9. Figuring out peer, technical, and editorial reviewers
10. Creating the Documentation Plan
11. Draft Desk of Contents (TOC)
12. Doing Content material Growth
13. Managing Overview Cycles
14. Incorporating Overview Feedback
15. Closing Output
All of the previous DDLC framework steps might be summarized into 5 subcategories, which in flip might be mapped to each step of SDLC. The 5 summarized subcategories are
1. Preparation of the Documentation Plan
2. Writing the content material
3. Reviewing the content material
4. Doc Supply
5. Doc Upkeep
Since each Documentation challenge in software program discipline relies upon upon the corresponding challenge/product, the SDLC framework of the identical needs to be mapped with the DDLC of the corresponding Documentation challenge.
Mapping of SDLC vs. DDLC
1. Evaluation & Design Preparation of Documentation Plan
2. Coding Writing the content material
3. Code Overview & Testing Section Overview the content material
4. Launch (Alpha & Beta releases) Doc launch
5. Upkeep Doc upkeep (incorporating performance enhancements & modifications)
As you possibly can see from the previous mapping, each course of in SDLC is mapped with the corresponding course of in DDLC. Many of the corporations, notably product corporations, need the documentation prepared by the point the product hits the market.
For the businesses following Agile methodology, when the product is underneath improvement stage, there will likely be frequent enhancements, corrections, and so forth, throughout every iteration. Identical to how the modifications are included within the code, in the identical means, modifications need to be executed to the corresponding documentation to maintain the deliverables up-to-date as per the shopper/market necessities.