Newest updates: 37,892 folks take a look at optimistic; NI curbs may keep till Easter; PM says it’s too early to say when UK will have the ability to elevate lockdown
- PM: too early to say if England lockdown will be eased subsequent month
- Malware reportedly discovered on laptops given to youngsters in England
- UK Covid affected person returns dwelling after 306 days in hospital
- Rich UK flyers go for non-public jets to evade Covid and lockdowns
- Coronavirus – newest updates
Northern Eire’s coronavirus lockdown restrictions might be prolonged to five March 5, PA Media is reporting. Its story goes on:
Stormont well being minister Robin Swann proposed the step to assist drive down case numbers.
Ministerial colleagues on the govt in Belfast agreed the transfer and there are options the curbs may in the end proceed till Easter.
The proportion of optimistic checks for Covid-19 in England declined for the second week in a row, in line with Public Well being England information to 17 January.
In week 2, 10.5% of Covid-19 checks in England got here again optimistic, down from 13.3% the week earlier than and 17.5% the week earlier than that.